Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tulsa is awesome: Yokozuna Sushi

My first meal in Tulsa was at Yokozuna, located in the Blue Dome District. My first indication that this meal would be awesome was when my server informed me that they had Diet Dr. Pepper fountain pop. Unlimited DDP and sushi? Fantastic. Edamame was ordered as an appetizer, and for my main course I ordered a veggie roll and an avocado roll. The edamame arrived quickly and was literally steaming hot. The rolls also came out promptly and were both delicious. The veggie roll was comprised of cucumber, avocado, asparagus, sprouts, artichoke and red bell pepper and the avocado roll kept it simple with, well, avocado. Both rolls were fresh and tightly packed (loose sushi is my enemy). In addition, it appeared that there were items on their regular menu that were vegan or could easily be made vegan. I didn't ask because I hadn't eaten in about seven hours and wanted my food as fast as possible. I also noticed a girl drinking the largest mixed drink I have ever seen and a sushi platter (intentionally) on fire while dining in Yokozuna. Make of that what you will. If I lived in Tulsa, this would definitely be a regular stop of mine. Between simple but lovely decor, delicious food, Diet Dr. Pepper and food intentionally on fire, this place is a winner.

PS- My fortune cookie said "Ask a hobo for $20 bill. You never know."



No comments:

Post a Comment