Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer Food and C25K #2

One of the best things about summer is the produce. Fresh and readily available, summer is the time of minimal preparation and maximum taste. Roasted asparagus with lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper is the perfect accompaniment to pasta with red sauce while eating on one's deck.

In a running update, I finished my second work-out flawlessly and it felt awesome. I think I'm going to love running. Unfortunately, when I took my very first step of my third work-out yesterday, I caught my foot on the sidewalk and fell, the kind of fall where your body sounds like a melon when it hits the ground. Now, with a swollen knee and general sore-from-impact body, I'm going to take a day or two off. I feel that running on swollen body parts is generally not a good idea. Until then, I'll be hitting the weights at the gym. Lifting heavy things is awesome.

Posts from my Tulsa trip coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment