Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tulsa is awesome: Glacier Confection

My stash
When I first started planning my trip to Tulsa, my immediate concern was what I would eat. Though I knew I would be fine with a pack of Tofurky and a trip to Subway, I prefer my dining establishments to smell a little less like the dentist. While in the midst of my obsessive googling, I stumbled upon Glacier Confection and, lo and behold, in their little sidebar read the word 'vegan'. My heart immediately went pitter patter and I began to dream of my fancy vegan chocolate. With flavors like "Bananas Foster Caramel" and "Raspberry Caramel", how could I go wrong?

Inside Glacier Chocolate
Answer: I couldn't. Glacier Confections lived up to everything I dreamed it would be. Delicious, high quality chocolate was met with exceptional customer service. An unexpected bonus was that, in addition to the advertised vegan chocolate, there was an accidentally vegan chocolate made with cacao beans thought to be extinct since 1916, and the chocolate is similar to what chocolate tasted like in the 17th to 18th centuries. That's right. They have time travel chocolate. I also purchased three vegan truffles, one Bananas Foster Caramel, one Butterscotch Caramel and one Coconut Pecan Caramel. I definitely had to go back the next day for more Bananas Foster Caramel.

 I could go on and on about how magical Glacier Chocolate is, but I will keep it simple with: it's delicious and worth the time to stop in if you are anywhere near. How often do you get time travel chocolate made by an actual Chocoletier? Not often, but in Tulsa, you totally do.

No comments:

Post a Comment