Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Do you see what I see: My favorite Christmas shows #10-#5

I probably shouldn't share this with the internet but a significant amount of my Christmas memories involve the television. Sure, there was the time my cat threw up from her catnip present and the time I made a snow caterpillar but living in Nebraska and being an only child leads to lots of TV time in December. Without further nostalgia, here are my first five favorites (with links to either the full show or a good clip, because I love you. Yes, you).

10) The Holiday: Two ladies switch houses for the holidays and (spoiler alert) fall in love. There is also a cute little old man. I can seriously watch this over and over and I'm only slightly embarrassed about that.

9) Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer: The classic story of how outsiders are only accepted when they prove useful to the majority. That being said, it is really pretty to look at and I'll always love The Island of Misfit Toys and the Bumble.

8) Elf: Ah, the new classic. An elf finds out he's really a human and goes to New York City to find his father, who is on the naughty list. Hilarious hijinks and heartwarming moments occur.

7) Home Alone: Oh, Kevin. You and the Wet Bandits make my holiday complete. Seriously, what would Christmas be without a lovely (vegan) cheese pizza, just for me? Buzz, your girlfriend, woof.

6) How the Grinch Stole Christmas: The original version, thank you very much. This is such a classic, taking the script straight from the Dr. Seuss book and adding in a few memorable songs. Voiced by Boris Karloff, this cartoon means Christmas to me.

1 comment:

  1. Elf, also where we learned that Zooey Deschanel can really REALLY sing.

    ReplyDelete