Thursday, August 5, 2010

Super Secret Family Recipes: Black Eyed Peas and Corn

This summer, I visited some long lost family in Seattle, and my Aunt Gwen made a super fantastic salad that I immediately demanded the recipe for. Both delicious and super duper easy, it also requires no cooking, which makes it perfect for hot summer days. This salad will probably comprise all of my meals for the rest of the summer.

Black Eyed Peas and Corn Salad
1 can black eyed peas (make sure there's no bacon in it), rinsed and drained
1 can corn, drained (or 2 ears)
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (haters can sub basil)
1 plum tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
2 T red wine vinegar
1 1/2 t olive oil
1 1/2 cloves garlic
1/4 t black pepper

Mix everything together. That's it. I also salted it before I ate it because I love sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment