Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Taters, Maters and Onions

I don't post much of my own cooking on here, but I'm hoping to change that. I just moved into an apartment with a much bigger kitchen (and a dishwasher!), and I've been cooking more and more. One of my favorite things to make are roasted vegetables- simple, easy, delicious. The vegetables pictured at right just some tomatoes and potatoes from Grandpa's farm, along with some onions, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper. I just sliced everything up, doused it in olive oil and the S & P, then threw it in the oven for 45 minutes at 425 degrees, giving the veggies a stir about halfway through to make sure they cooked evenly. The perfect meal for a lazy evening.

PS- For further guidance on roasting veggies, check out Veganomicon, which has a whole section on roasting, grilling and steaming vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment