Monday, June 21, 2010

Daily Grub: Making Omaha Even Better

I'm happy to report that Daily Grub, the restaurant of Clean Plate's Elle Lien, is just as wonderful as the weekly raw brunches that I was lucky, and spoiled enough, to attend. After eating there multiple times, I find it very comforting to know that there is a vegan restaurant in Omaha that I can confidently recommend to anyone- vegan or not. The food and ambiance are fantastic and I can sometimes barely believe my luck to have this amazing restaurant in my own city.

When entering Daily Grub, you immediately notice the calm and clean aesthetic. This is a place that invites you to come in and relax, with sparse, beautiful and effective decor and delicious smells coming from Elle's tiny kitchen. The menu takes up most of a wall, and it is worth noting that Daily Grub is cash only, but eating there is absolutely worth hitting up the ATM.

And the food? Amazing, not that I expected anything less. I have sampled the green thai curry and two types of sopes, all with lovely, complex flavors in food that made me feel energized, rather than weighed down. I also was allowed a close-up look at a waffle, which I figured my mom would offer me a bite of. She didn't. I am 99% sure that this is the only time my mom has been so into her meal that she didn't offer me a taste. That's a big deal. The menu also features juices, smoothies, soups, hearty bowls, sandwiches and anything else Elle dreams up.

My one complaint with the restaurant is that I can't go there for dinner. Some days make it hard for me to squeeze a lunch trip over to Daily Grub in, and I would definitely stop there for dinner if the option was available, even for only a couple evenings a week. However, I will continue to buzz over for lunch whenever possible and will keep proudly recommending it to anyone who will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment