Thursday, April 4, 2013

Give 'Em a Squeeze: Chia Squeezes from Mamma Chia

My love affair with chia seeds started with chia seed pudding at last year's Vida Vegan Con. Reminiscent of tapioca and full of nutrients, I throw these little guys into everything, so I jumped at the chance to try Mamma Chia's Chia Squeezes. Mamma Chia was gracious enough to send me four flavors: Green Magic, Apple Cinnamon, Strawberry Banana and Blackberry Bliss. Verdict? They are awesome! My favorite was the Blackberry Bliss, followed by the Green Magic, but all four flavors made my mouth happy with their perfect representation of the flavor noted on the packaging. These squeeze packets would be the perfect introduction to chia seeds for someone who was a bit nervous about the texture, as the 'squeeze it into your mouth' factor helps to gloss over the chia seed texture. These are perfect for a quick breakfast, a road trip snack, to throw in your bag for a long day of hiking and or just to keep around for when you need a quick bite. The only thing I wasn't super jazzed about was that it definitely took me both hands to open these, so they'd be hard to open when I'm out for a run, which was my original intent with them. However, I can definitely see these little packets easily working their way into my daily life. Fruity, chia seeds and easy to transport? Yes please to the chia squeeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment