Friday, December 23, 2011

30 Days of Books: Ten Days at a Time

Source
December is maybe not my best month for continuous blogging, huh? Anyway.

Day 14- Favorite book of your favorite writer: My favorite book of Ray Bradbury's is a toss-up between Something Wicked This Way Comes and The Illustrated Man, with the winner being The Illustrated Man. What gives it the edge? Haunting short stories such as "The Rocket Man", "The Last Night of the World" and "The Long Rain". However, it spawned one of the worst movies ever. Don't ever watch the movie version. Just trust me.

Day 15- Favorite Male Character: That would be Reepicheep from the Chronicles of Narnia. He's short, sassy and fiercely loyal, not to mention adorable. If I had a tattoo, it would be of him (Mom, don't worry, I'm still tattoo free).

Day 16- Favorite Female Character: Sticking with the YA theme here and picking Katniss Everdeen. So refreshing to have a strong, resourceful, intelligent female protagonist after Bella Swan. Katniss has mad skills.

Day 17- Favorite quotes from your favorite books:  I'm skipping this one because there is too much here to take on in a catch-up post. I have a lot of highlighted quotes in The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, such as:
"I just thought to myself that in the palm of my hand, there was this one tape that had all of these memories and feelings and great joy and sadness. Right there in the palm of my hand. And I thought about how many people have loved these songs. And how many people got through a lot of bad times because of those songs.And how many people enjoyed good times with those songs. And how much those songs really mean."
This book also introduced me to the saddest song ever.

Day 18- A book that disappointed you:  I Was a Teenage Fairy by Francesca Lia Block. Love Francesca's other works (Psyche in a Dress, The Rose and the Beast, Girl Goddess #9) but I just couldn't handle the level of fairy in this one. I probably should have read it when I was 12, instead of 23.

Day 19- Favorite book turned movie: Jurassic Park. Hands down.

Day 20- Favorite romance book: Ummmmmm. Pass.

Day 21- Favorite book from your childhood: Barbara Cartland's Princess to the Rescue, a pop-up book that tells the story of a princess who goes on a quest to find an elixir to cure her mother, the original Katniss if you will.

Day 22- Favorite book you own: The Watchmen because it is an amazing graphic novel or this version of Lady Chatterly's Lover, because it has a pretty cover.

Day 23- A book you wanted to read for a long time but haven't: Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King. I don't own it yet, so that's probably why I haven't read it. This is also the part where I am sad that I deleted my list of books to read by syncing my iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment