- The Tale of the Laughing in the Dark: Oh man. Zeebo. The 'Z' in the pudding. The dish of burnt cigars. A surprisingly effective tale of a dead clown taking revenge on a boy who stole his nose. Scarier than it sounds.
- The Tale of the Pinball Wizard: A boy (teenaged?) loves to play pinball, even though he isn't deaf, dumb or blind. Loves it so much that he plays on a machine that is forbidden to him. When he plays on it, the game becomes real and he must battle his new enemies to crown the princess. The ending is a doozy.
- The Tale of the Midnight Madness: This episode prevented me from sleeping for at least a month. A creepy, creepy vampire enters the real world through the movie screen and seeks out victims. Edward Cullen this isn't.
- The Tale of Watcher's Woods: Two girls accidentally enter an evil forest and come face to face with girls who disappeared decades ago and have learned witchcraft. This one stuck with me too.
- The Tale of the Dead Man's Float: An invisible force is trying to drown people. Scary enough on it's own, but when that force becomes visible, watch out. Bonus points for a tragic depiction of the school janitor.
Who else is in the mood for an AYAOTD (Are You Afraid of the Dark?) marathon? If you need me, I'll be in front of my television, possibly hiding behind a blanket.