Monday, August 30, 2010

Vegan Downtown Fargo: Really!

This past weekend, my friend and I made the journey up to Fargo, North Dakota for a Brandi Carlile show, with openers The Watson Twins. Although I was looking forward to the show, I was a smidge concerned about food. However, my fears were unfounded.

We wound up staying right by the venue (the beautiful Fargo Theatre) at the Radisson. This is not only right by the venue, but also by the downtown strip of stores which are fabulous for wandering through before any activity you may have planned in Fargo. My favorite of these stores was a vintage store called Revolver that had both clothing and home decor.

As for food, we wound up eating dinner at Wasabi, a local sushi and Asian grill. I ordered an appetizer of edamame and two rolls: a veggie roll and an avocado roll. The veggie roll featured carrots, asparagus, avocado, cucumber and thinly sliced shiitake mushroom. The sushi was fresh and flavorful and definitely fulfilled my needs.

Other vegan options in downtown Fargo include Pita Pit and Subway, as well as a health food store called Swanson Health Products. There were also a couple coffee shops in the area that looked interesting, but I didn't have time to check them out.

Fargo is a cute little town. It definitely has charm (especially in the architecture) and enough to do to fill an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment