Sunday, July 18, 2010

Eating my way through Portland: Like I would do anything else

Hello blogging hiatus! I have been busy with moving into a new place (sad excuse I know), but now I am back to brag on the food of PDX. Let's start with an old favorite of mine: Vita. I got the buffalo tofu wrap and french fries on this visit. If I had to do it over, I would have skipped the fries, not because they weren't delicious (they were) but because that wrap is enormous. Enormous and filled with crispy tofu soaked in buffalo sauce, surrounded by lettuce, tomatoes and ranch dressing. It's pretty epic. I'd eat it once a week with no problems.

Although I was stuffed silly after eating my giant wrap and french fries, I headed down to Back to Eden for soft serve. Just a small dish. However, somewhere between Vita and Back to Eden, my attitude turned into 'go big or go home'. So, I ordered a dish of chocolate soft serve with gummi bears and dandies. Obviously, this was a delicious thing, so I will show you a picture and call it good.

Another location I hit up in Portland was Flavourspot- a waffle cart! Yay! I am not normally a fan of waffles because I like to put syrup in each square and that takes quite some time and I'm not that patient with food. Fortunately, I can get a waffle sandwich here, which eliminates the need for such specifics. I went with the PB & J waffle and it was the perfect start to my day. Highly recommended for a rainy morning.

Coming up: Sweetpea, Los Gorditos, Native Bowl, Hungry Tiger Too. Prepare for a tidal wave of yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment