Monday, April 19, 2010

Stella's in Bellevue: Truly Epic

I have long dreamed of eating one of those giant "eat it in 45 minutes and it's free!" creations, but have yet to find a vegan version to satisfy my needs. However, I was recently able to live vicariously through my friend Darcy who decided to take on the Stella-nator at Stella's in Bellevue, NE.

For real though, this thing is epic. It crams all of this onto a bun:
  • Six patties
  • Six pieces of cheese
  • Six fried eggs
  • 12 pieces of bacon
  • Fried onions
  • Lettuce, tomatoes, pickles
  • Jalapenos
  • Peanut Butter

So, you can imagine my surprise when I found a veggie burger on the menu. After some questions and some googling, we discovered that the burger was vegan and placed an order. Then, we sat back and enjoyed Darcy taking the Stella-nator on. When our veggie burgers came, I was delighted to have a Gardenburger black bean and corn patty with lettuce, tomato and onion. It tasted kind of like a taco, and was delicious. Burger + taco = awesome. The french fries weren't salty enough for my taste, but I also eat the salt at the bottom of the bowl when I eat popcorn, so what do I know. I am so glad to have yet another place that I can eat at with my dad (I think this brings the total up to four places). I'm super grateful that I was lured to Stella's to watch a friend down most of, and then regurgitate, a giant burger. I think it goes without saying that a good time was had by all. Yay Stella's!

3 comments:

  1. Veggie burger with peanutbutter was better than I could have ever dreamed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your math (taco + burger) reminded me of a burger we have at work (Paradox Cafe). it's called a Taco Burger and it's: vegan queso sauce, veggie burger, vegan taco meat, onion, sour cream all wrapped into a whole wheat tortilla. it ends up in a square shape, not a burrito. i've heard it's good, but i haven't tried it yet. i'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete