Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Summer Reading List


Inspired by my friend over at See Mary Teach, I have decided to compile my personal reading goals for the summer. I'm sharing this mainly so that I have some accountability in fulfilling this reading list, as the entire world could now potentially know about it.

Non-Fiction:

If Chins Could Kill by Bruce Campbell
How to Read Novels Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster
Shakespeare and Co by Stanley Wells
The 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation by Sid Jacobson, Ernie Colon

Fiction:

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
World War Z by Max Brooks
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Not Quite What I Was Planning by Authors Famous and Obscure
The Annotated H.P. Lovecraft by H.P. Lovecraft
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

I'd like to see more graphic novels and zines on that list. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Graphic Novels:
    Sandman by Neil Gaiman (duh)

    Other books:
    The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graphic Novels:
    Y: The Last Man (Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra)
    Runaways (Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona)
    Fables (Bill Willingham) !!!

    Other Books:
    Pride and Prejudice and Zombies ( Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith)

    ReplyDelete