Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I'm back, baby! AKA I need to track my Menu Planning

So, it's been two years-ish since I've written anything on here. The quick version of this is that I got a fabulous job, married a wonderful man and adopted another cat and, as a result, kind of lost my desire to spend time writing aimlessly. However, I've been doing a lot of menu planning in an effort to reduce how much we go out to eat and I want to track what I've been doing instead of planning from scratch every week, so I figured I might as well do it here so that it can be helpful for anyone else who may be interested. Use it or don't, I'm not your mom.

Some basic meal planning info: I am planning for two and base my menu around plans for the week, as well as the weather (because nobody wants a comforting stew on a hot day). Also, I will link recipes as available. I don't really plan for breakfast because I can't handle anything more complicated than cereal or toast first thing in the morning. 

Week of March 29th - April 4th

Sunday:
Dinner: Cauliflower Steak with Mashed Cauliflower and Sauteed Kale

Monday
Lunch: Sushi Bowl (Rice with edamame, avocado, tomato, nori and a sauce of tamari, mirin and sesame oil)
Dinner: Dragon Noodle Salad from Isa Does It with a bit of fried tofu on the side

Tuesday 
Lunch: Leftover Dragon Noodle Bowl (Note: wound up being a sushi bowl, we ate most of the Dragon Noodle Salad)
Dinner: Spicy Quinoa Taco Bowl from One Ingredient Chef - Great for leftovers 

Wednesday
Lunch: Out (planned for)
Dinner: Leftover Spicy Quinoa Taco Bowl

Thursday
Lunch: Grains, Green and Beans (random mix of whatever grains, beans and veggies I have laying around) with Lemon Tahini Sauce from Salad Samurai
Dinner: One Pot Pasta (I've never made this before. We'll see how it goes.)

Friday
Lunch: Overnight Oats & Fruit

Saturday
Lunch: Picnic! Leftover Sunflower Mac and Massaged Kale Salad
Dinner: Out (planned for)

Grocery List 
(This is not a complete list, just what I didn't have, as I already have a bunch of staples- I'm planning on doing full lists in the future.)
Cereal
Tomatoes
Avocados, 2
Asparagus (I only bought this because it was on super sale)
Bell Peppers (I could have gotten away with one but they were three for a dollar so I bought six)
Bread
Linguine
White Onion
Basil
Rice Noodles
Radishes
Cucumber
Cilantro
Salad Greens
Limes
Black Beans
Frozen Corn
Macaroni
Cornstarch
Kale 
Lemons
Rice Vinegar
Snack fruits & veggies

This is me and Wishbone V. Debs. I hate posting without a picture.
Theoretically, check back next week for another menu!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back. :)
    Your kitty has a belleh that requires a snorgle!

    ReplyDelete