Saturday, April 18, 2015

Ain't nobody dope as me, I get that pantry clean (pantry so clean, clean)

This week has been an experiment in getting the fridge and pantry cleaned out, born out of seasonal allergies and fatigue. However, it's been a good lesson for those days when I think 'I have nothing to eat' because thankfully that's never actually been true for me- more along the lines of 'I have nothing immediately available to eat'. To facilitate this, I made a list of the ingredients available to me in our fridge and pantry (not including spices and such) to give me a tangible way to see what all ingredients I had available. From there, it has been vastly easier to look at the list and put together a meal, rather than just staring blankly at the pantry and the fridge until I give up and get delivery. Oh, I have soba noodles, cucumbers, radishes, carrots and stuff for peanut sauce? Bam, dinner is made.

In the future, I'd like to do this with a bit more organization, looking at what I have in advance and putting the menu plan together from there but I'm enjoying this technique that lets me skip the grocery store for a week, though things got a little hairy towards the end of the week (plain bread for breakfast, y'all) but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Our regularly scheduled meal planning will return next week.

1 comment:

  1. I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
    An excellent blog.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete