Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Get down with Root Down

Root Down is something of a Denver institution, complete with stunning reviews and long wait lines (make a reservation) and this past weekend, I launched an investigation (aka made a reservation a month an advance) to see if the rumors are true. Results: they are! I got a simple tofu scrambled and it blew my mind. Made without tumeric, it looks a bit pale on arrival but will quickly win your taste buds over with tahini and sunflower seeds. The real star of the meal, however, are the potatoes. Our amazing waitress said that they tasted like mashed potatoes and I was obviously skeptical because the potatoes are clearly not mashed. One bite proved our waitress right- little, diced and fried mashed potatoes. I could eat these potatoes for every meal for the rest of my life and be more than okay with it. I'm excited to go back for lunch and dinner to explore Root Down's other options, but until then I'll be dreaming of those potatoes!

2 comments:

  1. I like it already because it reminds me of the Beastie Boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to have a special place like this close to home. I a personally a bit tired of turmeric in scrambles--and I a as guilty as anyone of adding it.

    ReplyDelete