Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nha Trang: Peanut Sauce of the Angels

Living in Lincoln, I always wondered what kind of food was served in the white restaurant with the round windows on 13th and L street. Once I finally explored, I discovered that within the walls was a giant menu of Vietnamese and Chinese food, featuring the best peanut sauce I've ever had. Inexpensive, with generous portions and employees who know what veganism is, Nha Trang quickly became one of my favorite places to eat.

To be fair, I always get the same thing: vegetable spring rolls and B10, bún chay or a rice noodle bowl. Basically, I'm just trying to get as much of that smooth, coconut-y peanut sauce sent to my table as possible. The spring rolls feature cooked vegetables, bean curd and rice noodles, as well as peanut sauce to dip them in. Though the house sauce that the bún comes with isn't vegan, a substitution of peanut is easily made and absolutely delicious. Rice noodles, bean curd, pickled and fresh vegetables all combine to form a delicious, refreshing meal. Maybe someday I'll order something else, but only if I can get a side of peanut sauce to eat with a spoon.


As a bonus, this place is totally omni-friendly, as evidenced by my father's enthusiastic thumbs up. With such a huge menu, there's definitely something for everyone here. Plus, it was $22 for myself, my mom and my dad to eat there. It's officially been added to my list of places I can eat with my dad.

3 comments:

  1. I love me some peanut sauce...pretty jealous that I have yet to try the peanut sauce of the angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have lost their lease and are closing after April 3.
    D

    ReplyDelete