Wednesday, November 3, 2010

City O' City has a prominent place in my dreams

This is it. This is the place where my obsession with vegan buffalo wings began. City O' City's seitan buffalo wings are what my dreams are made of, and I mean that in the most literal sense. I have dreams about these wings. Spicy, savory, crispy and perfect, these are the wings that launched a thousand vegan trips to Denver. In fact, I am considering new cities to move to, and these wings are a part of my desire to move to Denver. They come with a creamy ranch dressing that perfectly balances the heat of the wings themselves. The last time I was there, I ordered and ate an entire basket by myself. This is fairly common. You may want something on the side to cool the heat (maybe something from their extensive beverage menu?), but it also comes with some stalks of celery to cool the burn. Do yourself a favor and get some wings. City O' City also has fantastic vegan pizza, for those of you that may not like the heat, as well as vegan desserts and wonderful ambiance. Within walking distance of the downtown area, this is definitely a stop you want to make.

10 comments:

  1. my bf and I went there, and he LOVED the wings. I can't have hot sauce, so I didn't try them, but their beer-batter onion rings were also to die for (and also come with the awesome ranch dressing), so if you ever go back, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their onion rings- they're like a savory onion donut! City O' City is just so darn good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so good! I just had some buffalo wings this weekend, but they were tofu based. These look a bit more hearty and satisfying. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these look divine! I've never had vegan buffalo wings, but clearly they're what's missing in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such good things about the vegan food in Denver. I need to arrange a detour there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa. They look fabulous! We have one - count 'em... One - vegan restaurant w/in 100 miles of here. They have buffalo/bbq drumsticks that are super yummy, but these really look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want more right now. Let's all road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have good priorities when it comes to picking a place to move. ;) Vegan pizza and wings rule. Thanks to your Waldo post, I want to revisit Kansas City now, too!

    ReplyDelete