Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Amsterdam Falafel and Kabob: Tiny forks and curry fries!

If you've ever wanted falafel delivered to you via bicycle in the wee hours of the morning, you can thank your lucky stars because Amsterdam Falafel and Kabob does just that. What's more- they do it well. I ate at Amsterdam for the first time and loved it. The falafel sandwich can easily be made vegan with the omission of any sauce and the addition of hummus. Trust me, between the flavorful falafel, copious amounts of hummus, tabouli and other fillings, you won't miss the sauce. While the sandwich is enormous by itself, if you are ravenous, you can add curry fries to your order. Spicy and salty, they balance the creamy hummus perfectly. Warning: the curry fries come with an adorable tiny fork. Amsterdam is located in picturesque Dundee and has both indoor and outdoor seating. Additionally, with at least a $10 order, Friday through Saturday, 8pm to 2am, you can get your meal delivered via bicycle. Excellent.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome, I'd love to have falafel delivered to me any time of day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. curry fries?!? i must go there asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curry friiiiiies! Nebraska vegans are *definitely* spoiled. Falafel? Delivered? With curry fries? So, so jealous. I have a friend who just moved to Dundee; obviously, I need to visit ASAP.
    All the fries I ate in (actual) Amsterdam also came with tiny forks! Mega-cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, if you sit outside next door at the Dundee Cork & Bottle the folks at Amsterdam will bring your food to you so that you can have booze with your falafel. Although I must admit I almost always just get the curry fries. It goes interestingly with booze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would so love to get my chomps around that. One bite and I'll be falling over. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curry fries sound so awesome! This looks really good!

    ReplyDelete