Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sandwiches are my life: Grilled Tofu Ruelke Sandwich

A recent trip to Kansas City found me, unsurprisingly, at Eden Alley. I make a point to hit up Eden Alley every time I go to Kansas City because the food is delicious and it is conveniently located right by the Country Club Plaza in the basement of a nearby church. They recently added the grilled tofu ruelke sandwich to their menu and I've had my eye on it for awhile. Alaina and I both opted to order it, and when it arrived, it became apparent that we could have easily split it.

Heaped with grilled tofu crusted in nutritional yeast, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and hummus, all on sourdough bread, this monstrosity was a beacon of tasty. Savory and filling, I think this will be my go to menu item on Eden Alley's daily menu. My one regret is that I spent $1.25 to add cashew cheese, and the cook was pretty stingy with it- not worth the cost. However, I would absolutely order the sandwich again. And again. And again.

No comments:

Post a Comment