Thursday, October 1, 2009

Vegan Mofo Survey!

Today kicks off the Third Annual Vegan Mofo, otherwise known as the Vegan Month of Food. I've always wanted to participate, and took the chance this year to kick my blogging booty back into gear. Being part of Mofo means I will be blogging (almost) every day about something vegan. Note: I'm bending the rules for myself to talk about things other than food, since I believe that veganism is more than just what you eat.

Anyway, sit back, chillax and prepare yourself for a month of blathering from me! I'll start things off gently with a survey...

1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
The only things I really drink with any consistency would be Diet Coke and rum (not always together), but I do put Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze on my cereal every morning.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
That onion quiche from Vegan Brunch, Penne Vodka from Veganomicon, A bowl of cereal

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Salt. Lots of salt.

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
The first time I made soup was a pretty epic failure. Let's just say I was inspired by an episode of Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals.

5. Favorite pickled item?
Okra

6. How do you organize your recipes?
Cookbooks are in with my normal books and recipes from the internet are either bookmarked or part of a very large word document

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
pasta, avocado sushi, grapes

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
My family used to get McDonald's on Christmas Eve and drive around to look at lights while we ate it. Delightfully trashy.

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Temptation Peach Cobbler or Scoops in LA

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My hands

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Salt

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Personally? My Vegan With a Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. It inspired me to actually learn how to cook instead of just putting frozen dinners in the microwave and I am endlessly grateful for that.

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Blueberry or Denver Vegfest Love Jam

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Sushi! There's so many ways to make it!

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu in most cases, Seitan when there is buffalo wing sauce involved

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
I always cook at night, so dinner is my top choice

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
A bag of cat food

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Corn, Tater Tots, Lisa Frank Ice Pack

20. What's on your grocery list?
My constants: Peanut Butter Panda Puffs, Original Unsweetend Almond Breeze, Bananas

From there, I let my menu for the week guide me through all shopping decisions.

21. Favorite grocery store?
In Omaha, I have to go with Whole Foods. It's been years since I could do all of my grocery shopping in one place and I really appreciate it. Jane's Health Market has a special place in my heart for stocking Go Max Go bars and having the best Manna Tofu ever.

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
The cheese lasagna from Valentino's. That stuff is freaking amazing.

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Does Cake Wrecks count?

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Buccaneers Go Max Go bar!

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I bought some of that pre-made sushi at Whole Foods today. That's about as extravagant as I get.

26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
The scoby that you need to make kombucha. It looks like a kind version of placenta.

13 comments:

  1. Hurray! Klutzie, I copied your quiz. Hope you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, i love surveys and will definitely end up doing this one for the first MoFo day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Filled this out as my first MoFo blog entry while I waited for my muffins to bake. I love surveys, I'm such a tween at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaahaha, we drove around and looked at lights for Christmas, too. I'm sure we also did McDonald's. Please send Lisa Frank freezer pack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm totally doing this! And yes, cake wrecks counts - that site is hilarious! :) -Eve

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to copy this one too for a day when my brain is blank and I've run out of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good survey, I'll use it for a VeganMoFo post too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally rockin! I'm usin this for MoFo Day 3 *wink* Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the survey! I just filled it out yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! Awesome survey... I hope you don't mind I borrowed it. :) Happy Mofo-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Louis Vuitton Handbags Mall captures fans of discount handbag and discount purse with stylish style and high-quality materials.

    ReplyDelete