Sunday, December 4, 2011

30 Days of Books: Like picking a favorite child

Day 4: Favorite book of your favorite series.

Since I've already outed The Hunger Games Trilogy as my current favorite series, logic (and the meme) would say that I should now tell you which of the three is my favorite. However, I like to occasionally break the rules, and when it comes down to it, I really can't pick a favorite, so here are my favorite things about each book:

The Hunger Games: Where it all begins! We meet Katniss and become completely absorbed by how awesome she is- love that we got a strong female protagonist after Bella Swan. What I love about this book is that it is the beginning of a revolution and that we finally see a strong female in action.

Catching Fire: The book that introduced us to Finnick Odair, who is my favorite character in the trilogy, as well as my ipad's namesake. The arena in this one is brilliant and we also get a deeper look into life in The Capitol.

Mockingjay: This book both inspires me as you get to see a revolution in action but you also see how it can completely destroy those involved on either side. This book is great for making me cry in public but also because it doesn't paint one side as good and the other as bad- they are both shades of gray and half the tension is just watching Katniss ponder whether or not she is fighting for the right side.

As a side note, I totally pretend I'm in the Hunger Games when I'm bored during a work out. Being a tribute is a big motivator.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you broke the rules and gave each book it's own shout out.

    I catch myself going into my Katniss Zone when I run races, did the Warrior Dash, want to curse out my yoga instructor, or have to do any work outside on our mini-farm when I'd rather be inside baking. Escapism is such a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete