Saturday, December 3, 2011

30 Days of Books: Favorite Series

Day Four: Your Favorite Series

I'm going to go ahead and go with my current favorite series, as I've had several over my life, such as The Boxcar Children, Nancy Drew, so on and so forth. So, my current favorite series is The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins which tells the story of Katniss Everdeen after she volunteers (in order to save her sister) for the yearly event that is the Hunger Games. I love this dystopian trilogy because instead of the sides being black and white, they both fall into shades of gray. There isn't a clear-cut right side for Katniss to be fighting for and I will totally admit to crying during every single book. If you haven't read these books, go read them now.

2 comments:

  1. I only read the first book in the series, but I agree - it was a lot of fun! I finished it in like two days. Definitely teared up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this series! I read the entire trilogy inside of a week and I want my daughter to read them so much that I put them on her bookcase. I just need to make sure that once she gets into chapter books, they're moved out of reach for a few years. At least until she's a double digit age.

    ReplyDelete