Wednesday, December 7, 2011

30 Days of Books: You read what?

The first image you get when you
google  'young adult' (linked to source)
Day Seven: Most underrated book

This day was hard for me because I don't really read reviews. I don't like going into a book with a pre-conceived notion of how good it will be, and sometimes that works out well and sometimes it works out really, really poorly. So, I'm going to say that, for me, the most underrated part of literature is the young adult genre. Yes, there are some stinkers out there but the same goes for books for grown-ups. You want hard hitting, realistic novels? Check. Compelling, imaginative fantasy? Check. Cliffhangers at the end of every chapter to make you keep reading even when you needed to go to bed three hours ago? Check (Anthony Horowitz, I'm looking at you). People absolutely make fun of me when almost every book I mention is a young adult book, but I feel no shame for what I love so purely. What's so wrong about wanting compelling, thought provoking books with some sassy slang? Just please don't judge me when you see me in the paranormal romance teen section. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment