Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What's in your Vegan Holiday Kitchen?

Holidays mean something different to everyone: obnoxious songs, lots of eating, time with loved ones, so on and so forth. While I don't appreciate the yearly unearthing of Angela Lansbury's "We Need a Little Christmas", I do appreciate holidays for the time spent with family and all the tasty food. Unfortunately, I sometimes get so wrapped in creating the tasty food, that I sometimes accidentally forgo the time with family part. Whoops. 

Because of that I'm super psyched about Nava Atlas's Vegan Holiday Kitchen. The recipes in here are the kinds of recipes that are simple but impressive. When it comes down to it, I want the focus of my holiday to be on family, not the time I spent in the kitchen. While reading the book, two thoughts repeatedly came to mind: "that looks delicious" and "that looks easy." Atlas's book features recipes such as Hot Artichoke and White Bean Spread, Glazed Onions and Brussels Sprouts and Cashew Chocolate Mousse Pie and is divided by holiday. Well-organized with tasty, delicious recipes? Count me in. Just don't play Angela Lansbury.

1 comment: