Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mile High Runs: An Update

Not those kind of runs. The runs you do with your legs, while pumping your arms.

One of the side effects of moving to Denver was that my fitness essentially reset itself to zero. The altitude is absolutely killer, or at least it is for me. It's absolutely frustrating to live in one state, then move one over and not be able to do things you could the day before. Luckily, I'm stubborn with my running. At this point, I have not only completed the Couch to 5K program, but I'm up to running 8ish miles at a time (um, not every time though), even with the altitude! Even better news is that I run by dinosaur statues (pictured), which is pretty darn inspiring. Dinos to the left, mountains to my right.

As of right now, I am trying to create the perfect playlist to work on my pace. Apparently, songs at 180 bpm are optimal, so I'm trying to fill my playlist with those. Jog.fm has been a giant help in figuring out bpms for songs, but if you have a suggestion for a song or an app (I have an iphone) to create great running playlists, that would be bomb.

I can't wait to run the next time I'm at sea level. I'll be like a superhero.

2 comments:

  1. There's an iphone app called Tempo Magic Pro that can change the tempo of a song to match the pace of your workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jog fm! Never heard of such a thing! But then, I have no clue about technology so that makes sense. Riot on running, lady!

    ReplyDelete