Monday, June 22, 2009

What was on my Clean Plate....two weeks ago: Middle Eastern Brunch

I'll admit it. This little blog hasn't been my number one priority. I've relocated to a new city and started two new jobs, so I've been a little busy. However, now that my wonderful life is a little more settled (I have a sofa bed now!), I can return to the important things in life: talking about eating.

What could be more appropriate for a return to form than reminiscing about the Clean Plate brunch I ate two weeks ago. It was Middle Eastern themed and it was wonderful. I apologize for the shoddy photo, but I was seriously excited about digging in, and I was talking about cats, so you know nothing good can come of that combo. I was especially excited about the return of the best tofu scramble I have ever had in my entire life. Other players were hummus, baba ghanoush, dolmas (I love dolmas so much), a minty watermelon fruit salad, pita, halvah and the classic waffles, this time with the addition of a super tasty orange sauce. The surprise favorite for me were the coconut date balls. I'm sure there is a more formal term for these, but all I know is they were delicious and I could have eaten them for days.

I am most definitely looking forward to Elle's upcoming Tex/New Mex/Mex brunch. It has been far too long since I 've been able to enjoy the culinary work of Clean Plate. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment