|And coffee. That stuff's good too.|
- My job: I started a new job in February and what a difference it has made in my quality of life. Each day now brings the feeling that I am getting up to work towards a common goal that I truly believe in with people that bring a smile to my face and warm my heart. Suffice to say, it no longer feels like work when I am at work, but rather each day is a small step towards making the world a better place.
- Finding a home: Both in the literal sense (I moved out of a 200 square foot studio into a much larger place), but also in the emotional sense. I found a place that I belong and that feels I belong there too. Sometimes I forget that I lived places other than Denver because each day feels so right, but at the same time, I marvel at the beauty and kindness that surrounds me in this city.
- Puddleglum: Ah, my trusty feline companion Pudds. I am always thankful that I was the crazy lady who crawled around, looking under each piece of furniture for the monstrously fluffy cat I saw on the website. Pudds is my constant cuddle buddy, my most consistent alarm clock and my go-to when I need to rub a belly. Puddleglum also brings me to the next thing I'm thankful for...
- My SpotBot: The most epic carpet cleaner of all. If you have a pet and carpet, you need this. It will clean any pet mess out of the carpet. It's amazing, and you can use Nature's Miracle in it. Win!
- Health: I've had minor health issues this year. I mean minor in the most literal sense- the biggest concern was a sneeze here and there and a wonky hip after running a downhill half marathon. I am so thankful that this is the most of my troubles- things easily recovered from with a bit of rest. I am also thankful that I have health insurance to cover all my medical expenses- many are not so lucky and that is so stupid that I won't even get into it here.
- Friends and Family: Sometimes these lines blur, viewing some friends as family, some family easing into an additional role as friend. Whether these people are ones I see every day or only have the occasional contact with, I am grateful to be able to look around me and see people that I aspire to be like, and that inspire me to make the world a better place.
Overall? Good year, self. Nice work. Let's do well with 2013 too.